Who am I?

I am a writing and publishing guru. What I dont know about the market just isn't worth knowing. So what if I'm unpublished? I choose to give other writers the gift of my wisdom and experience* that the other 500,000 writing blogs out there fail to give.
* No actual experience

Friday, July 15, 2011

Time’s Wing’d Chariot...

But at my back I always hear
Time's winged chariot hurrying near;
And yonder all before us lie
Deserts of vast eternity...
-Andrew Marvel.

Eat...play...laugh!
Hugs your kids and tell them a stupid joke.
Give to those in need, for one day you might be in need yourself.
Tell stories. Lots of them. Make stuff up.
Chuck your television out the window
Learn a musical instrument
Have a run in the park.
Make eye contact and smile at a stranger, particularly if they look frail or lonely or otherwise vulnerable.
Reduce your working hours and buy everything second-hand.
Treat fashion as the monstrously huge con that it is.
Plant stuff. Herbs, veges, flowers, trees.
Tell more stories. Convoluted, ridiculous, silly, happy, illogical stories.
Enjoy your food, celebrate your wobbly thighs and belly.
Keep on telling more stories. Write them down.
Sing “You’re the one that I want” as a horribly out-of-tune duet with your partner
Then go hug your kids some more.

How long will this attitude last? Dunno.

Just hope it doesn’t take another unexpected death to inspire it.

No comments:

Post a Comment